Occupy Wall Street and Al Gore

A few years back I saw Al Gore at Town Hall. I took the wife and my son.  It was I think the second time when I had a close encounter with a political star.  The man (for me) had incredible charisma and leadership ability.  He was pretty restrained actually, but had the place on its feet and ready to fight by the end.
He made a comment that has stayed with me.  It was something like this: It may seem that nothing can change in politics, but there can come a huge groundswell of change from below and sweep everything aside.  He was doing "Inconvenient Truth" at the time, and was speaking in the context of global warming.
I felt it was true at the time, and have been wondering when it would ever come.  I am starting to wonder if Occupy WallStreet is it.

Comments

Popular Posts