Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

First, I would like to offer to the ether that it takes 2 or 3 days to recover from a trip to Brazil.  This depends on how horribly things go wrong at the airport of course.
Perhaps the most deflating and soul crushing moment occurred as I entered Charlotte International Airport (note: if the airport is actually named after some forgotten soul, you know what I mean).  Immediately after I left customs, I was instantly in the airport screening line.  This despite that I had just left immigration, which, I would imagine, is pretty darn secure.  Anyway, the line twisted and turned and wrapped around itself. There was an elderly gent in a wheelchair who was thoroughly checked to the point of taking off his shoes.  My bag was reinspected because of a small aromatherapy spray bottle.  I missed my connecting flight.  And for what? As we know, our glorious TSA has yet to interrupt any terrorist plots. Yet it grows more aggressive each month it seems.  The terror which has created this inane system is palpable as soon as you enter the USA.

On an somewhat related note: US Airways blows.  The plane was seriously old, the crew just odd and they lost my luggage.  Just putting it out there.

Finally, a link to a post by Glen Greenwald.  Glen lives in Gavea, Rio de Janeiro.  I was kind of hoping I'd see him, but I did not.  You should read him every day.

Another superb Greenwald Post:


Comments

Popular Posts