Still

Still is one of those double words.  It can mean not moving, quiet etc. or "not carbonated".  There is no relevance here, but I just wanted to start with something to show how thoughtful I can be.
It's been about two years since I've last posted, and I may dive in again.  I've been out of work for about 6 months, and it seems de rigeur to blog when a man is unemployed.
The only thing I can add now is that we found some maxwell high bias tape cassettes in the original wrapper. The one with the hipster sunk low in an easy chair facing into a mighty wind, which we are to understand is a helluva sound system.  Twice on the wrapper we are informed that it is "Ideal for recording CDs".  Let's think about this for a moment, because it is a window into another time.  A time when cassettes ruled, and CDs were an upstart.  Looking back, what possible reason could one have to record a cd onto a tape?  The cd was already a (hi quality) recording, right? And yet, I remember making mix tapes to play in the car by switching out CDs and recording just the track I wanted.  Of course, mix tapes are now playlists and we drag and drop rather then physically change media.  I love the future!

Comments

Popular Posts